What makes Whiffy Bean Bags special?
- Whiffy Bean Bags is a family run, handmade business located in Los Angeles, CA. We have been operating since 2006. Our Whiffy Bean Bags are made with the finest designer fabric and all backed with soft and cuddly flannel. Each is sewn in our home, packaged and then shipped out daily on our way to picking kids up from school. We answer inquiries throughout the day, we listen to our customers needs and we provide a product that we know you'll love.
Why does Whiffy Bean Bags use flax seed instead of other fillers?
- Flax seed heats up better and has oil in it. Flax seed does not cook in the microwave like rice and corn. Flax seed is "soft" and "squishy". It provides a soft feeling against the skin and it can be molded to the body better.
Why does Whiffy Bean Bags use dried herbs?
- Because they are safe and the scent lasts longer than essential oils.
How long should I microwave my Whiffy Bean Bag in the microwave?
- This could vary depending on microwave. Start with 10-15 second (not minute) intervals. Check to see how hot it is getting. Stop microwaving at this rate when you feel the Whiffy Bean Bag is a good temperature. Do not allow the Whiffy Bean Bag to become scalding as this is not safe. Never place the Whiffy Bean Bag on your body if it is too hot. Set aside until it cools. (At our home, we microwave ours for 40 seconds and everyone is happy with that temperature)
How long will my Whiffy Bean Bag stay warm?
- Generally 25-30 minutes depending on how warm it was to start.
Can I put my Whiffy Bean Bag in the oven to warm?
- No, please do not.
How can I keep my Whiffy Bean Bag cold?
- Keep it in a sealed bag in the freezer. You can leave it loose in the freezer but instead of smelling like herbs, it may smell like frozen chicken. I generally say leave it in for at least 6 hours for it to reach its max cold.
How long will my Whiffy Bean Bag stay cold?
- They will stay cold just as long (time-wise) as a child will stay still to use it on an injury. Otherwise, 20 minutes or so.
How do I clean my Whiffy Bean Bag?
- Spot clean with a damp towel. Do not put in the washing machine or dryer.
How long will my Whiffy Bean Bag stay scented?
- It is hard to say exactly, however I have Whiffy Bean Bags that I made in 2006 that still smell great today! Peppermint does not stay scented as long as lavender.
Should my Whiffy Bean Bag feel slightly damp after being heated in the microwave?
- Yes, flax seed contains water that releases when warmed. No, the Whiffy Bean Bag will not be dripping, just slightly damp.
What happens if I break out in hives after using the Whiffy Bean Bag on my arm for 5 minutes?
- If you're prone to getting hives, then I will assume you know what to do. If not, I might suggest discontinuing the use of the Whiffy Bean Bag and then take precaution in finding out if the hives were a result of the Whiffy Bean Bag. I would be inclined to say that it wasn't however stranger things have happened.
What should I do if my Whiffy Bean Bag breaks open and the contents spill out?
- You could take a picture if you like, you could try to sew it up or you can toss it. Then please contact me and inquire about getting a replacement.
What if my dog eats my Whiffy Bean Bag?
- He may like it and aside from that, nothing. The contents are non toxic and although they may not have the best taste to some people, there are people out there who actually do choose to eat flax seed and dried herbs.
What if the Whiffy Bean Bag I bought 5 years ago just bit the dust?
- Replace the fully depreciated one that you enjoyed immensely for 5 years but buy another one in a more stylish fabric choice for 2018.